The Friends of Craigtoun have taken steps over the past few years to make Craigtoun Country Park as accessible as possible for wheelchair users and persons with reduced mobility. The following concessions are currently in place:
- As of April 2023, we have a state-of-the-art Changing Places facilitiy in the park, complete with toilet, bed, hoist and shower/wet room. The key can be picked up from the Ticket Office, when open, or by calling the Admin Office on 01334 472013.
- We have dedicated disabled parking bays close to the Main Entrance.
- The pathway leading from the car park all the way to the Cafe, Ticket Office and Toilet Block has been tarmacked and there are no inclines of any significance.
- We have disabled toilet facilities in the main toilet block, the additional toilet block, adjacent to the Trim Trail, and in the Craigtoun Cafe.
- Both the Ticket Office and the Craigtoun Cafe are accessible for wheelchairs.
- We have an Accessible Play Area with facilities adjacent to the Adventure Playground.
- There is space to store a wheelchair on Puffin’ Billy and a step to ease access to the tractor for those who have some mobility.
- There is space to store a wheelchair at the Train Station and persons with limited mobility can be helped on to the Rio Grande.
- We have a basic wheelchair in the park, which is available for customer use. If you would like to reserve it ahead of your visit, please call us on 01334 472013.
Got another question?
Feel free to contact us if you have a question that is not listed here.